DBS SUMMER COURSE
15 July - 2 August 2019
The objective of this course is to provide the students with an understanding of basic principles and techniques in biological chemistry, specifically in chemistry of DNA and protein. The Course is structured and will be conducted in the format of lectures, tutorials, practical classes and demonstration and group project discussions. They will fall under the following four main areas:
- principles and theories in biochemistry, biophysics and structure biology that underlie chemical and molecular and cell biology
- principles and tools for bio-imaging, quantitative biology and proteomics for scientific investigation
- practical approaches in design and execution of experiments, computational simulation and analyses using chemical structure analyses
- critical scientific writing, team work and scientific communications.
The objective of the Course is to help students to:
- understand the basic concepts, principles and approaches in biological chemistry;
- apply the knowledge and techniques in specific research projects; and
- indulge in teaching and research environment in NUS
- Hardcopy and softcopy of a course book customized for the Course
- Protocol notes for practical classes
- Solutions, reagents and other experimental materials to be used for the practical classes.
- Reference materials
.The Course fee is $5000 SGD per student and includes
- Tuition fee
- Registration fee
- Administration fee
- Course materials
- Group airport transport and city tour
- Shared accommodation
- Orientation and farewell events
- Social activities
- Singapore government Goods and Service Tax (GST)
Course fee must be received before the commencement of the Course to confirm enrolment in the Summer Course.
Successful registration will receive confirmation of their participation along with instructions on mode of payment.
COURSE OUTLINE (pdf)
A/Prof. Low Boon Chuan & A/Prof. Cynthia He,
Mr Yan Tie | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your enquiries and registration.