Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science
The Department of Biological Sciences (DBS) offers Summer Internship opportunities yearly to attract outstanding local and international undergraduate students to pursue their PhDs at DBS. This program will immerse potential applicants in the research environment and resources available at DBS, and the university at large, with the aim that DBS, NUS will be the university of their choice to pursue their graduate studies.
- Final year undergraduates or students who will be entering their final year of undergraduate study;
- Candidates with outstanding academic performance and strong research potential, on par with graduate admission guidelines set by the university;
Terms and Conditions:
- The recommended internship period is for two months but can be extended up to three months.
- Financial support is available and awarded on a competitive basis upon shortlisting of eligible candidates; this support is capped at $5,000 per intern over two months (further prorated according to actual period of internship).
Important dates to note for summer 2018 internship program:
- Application opens: 2 Jan 2018
- Application deadline: 13 April 2018
For enquiries, please contact Ms Lisa Lau at email@example.com
What Students Say
"My summer internship at NUS under the guidance of Professor Adam Yuan has strongly spurred my passion for research and encouraged me to pursue further studies in Biological Sciences. Interning in the RNA biology lab gave me the confidence to conduct experiments and gain better understanding of science and its applications. There could have been no greater opportunity to be involved with the groundbreaking CRISPR-Cas system than by working with Professor Adam. I lived within a community of international students and researchers at NUS that not only opened doors for meeting and making amazing friends but also expanded my perspective of the world and my love for science."