Two research positions available
We are looking for the following researchers to join our lab to work on a project investigating the role of the secreted proteinase ADAMTS5 in cancer and angiogenesis. Our lab recently identified that ADAMTS5 is a novel angiogenesis inhibitor and suppress cancer growth in xenograft mouse models. In this project, further characterization of this proteinase and its mechanisms of action will be pursued, and its significance in human cancer investigated. Candidates with a keen interest in scientific research and a curious mind are invited to apply.
1. Research fellow (RF, postdoctoral fellow):
Candidate with PhD degree and prior research experience in molecular biology, cell biology or biochemistry is required. Prior experience in mouse model is a plus.
2. Research assistant (RA):
Candidate with BSc (Honors) or MSc degree and prior lab experience in molecular biology, cell biology or biochemistry is preferred. PhD candidate who has submitted his/her thesis and are in the transition stage for degree completion are welcome to apply.
Successful candidates can expect a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV and full contacts of at least three referees to:
Prof. Ruowen Ge, Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 119260. Email: email@example.com;
For more information about our lab and research, please visit:
Department of Biological Sciences faculty web: www.dbs.edu.nus.sg/Staff/ge.html;
Molecular Angiogenesis lab web: http://staff.science.nus.edu.sg/~ruowenge/index.html.
Position: Specialist Associate
Department: Biological Sciences
To perform as an Engine Driver on board NUS Research Vessel "Galaxea" and take charge in the operations and maintenance of the main engines, auxilliary engine and the machineries/ equipment on board the vessel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Monitoring and carry out the planned maintenance schedule of the Main Engines, Auxiliary engine, transmission and jet propulsion system as recommended by the manufacturer requirement including simple Lub oil and filters change.
2) Carry out pre-sea checks on the Main Engines, Auxiliary engine, gear-box transmission system, jet propulsion system, including deck machinery (“A” Frame & winch hydraulic system).
3) Operate, test and maintain the marine electric system such as capstan & sea water pump
4) Checking and clearing of the sea chest before the starting of the main & auxiliary engine.
5) Checking of the fuel status and ensuring that is sufficient for the trip before proceeding to sea.
6) Carry out refuelling of diesel at the approved station.
7) Carry out ah-hoc repair on the machinery as and when the need arises.
8) To perform deck and other duties whilst at sea.
9) Ensure sufficient spares - like fuel & oil filters, and all necessary oil used on board.
10) Monitor the progress of repair done by termed contractor or other appointed contractors if the repair is being carried out by them.
11) Monitor the cleanliness and storage of the engine room and the removal of fire hazard material in the engine room.
12) Ensuring that the fire extinguishers are serviceable in the engine room
13) Ensure that the entrance of the hatch cover is not blocked at all times
14) Greasing of the jet drive shaft and U-joint as recommended by the manufacturer.
15) Ensuring that the non- essential power switches is switch off and all bilges pump is put to Auto mode before securing the boat.
16) As and when required to work exceeding normal working hours including on weekend and holiday.
- GCE ‘O’ level with a NTC 3 in heavy duty diesel mechanic engineering
- At least 2 to 3 years’ experience as a licenced engine driver
- MPA Class 3 Engine Driver Certificate of Competency
- MPA Port Limit Steersman Certificate of Competency
Interested applicants to submit application package (CV, Educational Certificates and Job Application Form) to the attention of Ms Lisa Lau at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 27 March 2015.
An Assistant Research Officer (ARO) position is immediately available at the Dr. YU Fengwei’s group in Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory, Singapore. The group is interested in studying the mechanisms controlling neural development and pruning using Drosophila melanogaster, an excellent model organism. The successful candidate is motivated and expected to provide assistance and support for a couple of interesting projects.
The annual salary/stipend is very competitive commensurable to the educational qualifications and working experience of the candidates.
Interested individuals may send your application that includes your CV and three recommendation letters to:
Yu Fengwei, PhD
Senior Principal Investigator
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory
1 Research Link
National University of Singapore
A research group headed by Asst. Prof. Utkur Mirsaidov in the Centre for BioImaging Science is looking for a research assistant to support projects in in situ Electron Microscopy. A successful candidate will be in charge of creating a framework for scalable algorithmic processing for heterogeneous microscopy data and he/she will apply statistical methods to experiments in nanoparticle dynamics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physics or Computer Science from reputable university.
- Knowledgeable about the fundamentals of fluid mechanics, statistical mechanics, biophysics, and computational physics is a must.
- Has previous experience of work in research setting or thesis project on a research topic under supervision,
- Must be independent and motivated.
Interested candidates can send their resume to (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted):
Asst Prof. Utkur Mirsaidov
Center for BioImaging Sciences,
National University of Singapore,
14 Science Drive 4,