We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with experiences for Research Assistant or research fellow. Strong experiences with mammalian tissue culture, molecular biology and cloning, biochemistry and fluorescence microscopy are required. Expertise in in vitro reconstitution systems, model membranes, electron microscopy or image analysis are desirable. Other requirements: Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred); 3+ years of lab experiences in molecular biology or cell biology.
All positions include competitive salaries, commensurate with experience. Please send the application, including curriculum vitae, names and contacts of 3 references, to Dr. WU, Min at email@example.com
We are interested in studying innate immune response and immune-over-activation during chronic inflammation, which leads to pro-tumorigenesis. We aim to study cellular signalling at the interphase of cancer-immunology, with the ultimate goal of developing immunomodulation strategies and therapeutics against cancer.
PhD in Immunology (innate immunity); experience in molecular cell biology, biochemistry and some bioinformatics, would be advantageous.
Prof Ding Jeak Ling, Dept of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore
(Tel: 65162776; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
NUS Centre for BioImaging Sciences
Manager – Finance & Administration
You will assist the Director in managing and overseeing the general administration of the NUS Centre for BioImaging Sciences (CBIS), its budget, special accounts and research funds and provide financial advice and support to the Director and PIs in areas such as management reporting and financial analysis etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
To perform as an Engine Driver on board NUS Research Vessel "Galaxea" and take charge in the operations and maintenance of the main engines, auxilliary engine and the machineries/ equipment on board the vessel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Monitoring and carry out the planned maintenance schedule of the Main Engines, Auxiliary engine, transmission and jet propulsion system as recommended by the manufacturer requirement including simple Lub oil and filters change.
2) Carry out pre-sea checks on the Main Engines, Auxiliary engine, gear-box transmission system, jet propulsion system, including deck machinery (“A” Frame & winch hydraulic system).
3) Operate, test and maintain the marine electric system such as capstan & sea water pump
4) Checking and clearing of the sea chest before the starting of the main & auxiliary engine.
5) Checking of the fuel status and ensuring that is sufficient for the trip before proceeding to sea.
6) Carry out refuelling of diesel at the approved station.
7) Carry out ah-hoc repair on the machinery as and when the need arises.
8) To perform deck and other duties whilst at sea.
9) Ensure sufficient spares - like fuel & oil filters, and all necessary oil used on board.
10) Monitor the progress of repair done by termed contractor or other appointed contractors if the repair is being carried out by them.
11) Monitor the cleanliness and storage of the engine room and the removal of fire hazard material in the engine room.
12) Ensuring that the fire extinguishers are serviceable in the engine room
13) Ensure that the entrance of the hatch cover is not blocked at all times
14) Greasing of the jet drive shaft and U-joint as recommended by the manufacturer.
15) Ensuring that the non- essential power switches is switch off and all bilges pump is put to Auto mode before securing the boat.
16) As and when required to work exceeding normal working hours including on weekend and holiday.
- GCE ‘O’ level with a NTC 3 in heavy duty diesel mechanic engineering
- At least 2 to 3 years’ experience as a licenced engine driver
- MPA Class 3 Engine Driver Certificate of Competency
- MPA Port Limit Steersman Certificate of Competency
Interested applicants to submit application package (CV, Educational Certificates and Job Application Form) to the attention of Ms Lisa Lau at email@example.com.