We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with experiences for open positions as Research Assistants. Prior experiences with mammalian tissue culture, molecular biology (cloning) and microscopy are required. Other requirements: Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred); 2+ years of lab experiences in molecular biology or cell biology.
All positions include competitive salaries, commensurate with experience. Please send the application, including curriculum vitae, names and contacts of 2-3 references, to Dr. WU, Min at firstname.lastname@example.org
A postdoctoral research fellow position is available immediately in Department of Biological Biology, National University of Singapore. The candidate will be involved in an on-going research project to use zebrafish to model liver cancer, which is at a productive stage with several potential directions including tumor initiation, inflammation response and cancer stem cells. Several papers have been published recently and they are searchable in public databases.
Interested candidate please send cv and arrange two or more reference letters to the PI: Prof. Gong Zhiyuan, email@example.com;
Job Description: Innate immune signaling in host-pathogen interaction - to elucidate the response of white blood cells to extracellular hemoglobin (under hemolytic infection condition). The successful applicant is expected to work with an interdisciplinary team of biochemists, molecular biologists and microbiologists, to achieve a common goal. The candidate will have the opportunity to conduct independent research, collaborate actively with the team members, and help supervise graduate/undergrad students.
- PhD /BSc degree in Cell Mol Biol, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related field.
- Experience in immunological methods, cell culture, whole animal work is advantageous.
Remuneration, Benefits, Terms of Appointment: Gross monthly salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience. Leave and medical benefits will be provided.
Contact: Interested candidates are invited to email a detailed resume, and copies of supporting documents to: Professor Jeak Ling Ding, firstname.lastname@example.org
A postdoctoral position is available in the lab of Antónia Monteiro to study the genetic basis of morphological variation in butterfly wing patterns. The project will involve using comparative genomic data to identify loci involved in producing wing pattern differences across populations of Bicyclus anynana butterflies. Subsequently, once candidate loci are found, the goal will be to use transgenic tools to test the function of these candidate loci in producing the morphological variation.
The position is initially for three years and can start immediately. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Candidates with experience in bioinformatics and genomics, in particular in using NGS data, are especially welcome to apply.
The Department of Biological Sciences offers world-class research labs and infrastructure and a convivial and collaborative environment. Singapore is a lush, green city offering tropical weather year around, a diversity of food, and nearby exotic locations.
Interested applicants should contact Antónia Monteiro (email@example.com) with a CV, a brief statement of research interests, and the names of three references.
You are to provide support for fieldwork and teaching. The main duties include the following:
1. Provide research support to ensure laboratory's research goals are met.
2. Assist lecturers in preparation and setting up of laboratory classes.
3. Assist lecturers in preparation and organization of overseas field course for students.
4. To manage the research field equipment and ensuring asset/ inventory records are maintained in order.
5. Assisting in the administration and maintenance of safety in the teaching laboratories.
6. Driving assignments for staff on official business, department's visitors, conference or special events.
7. To manage a research boat and its crew.
8. Provide audio visual support for teaching and seminar support, e-learning.
- At least Polytechnic diploma with major in Biology or Biotechnology
- Relevant work experience in laboratory and fieldwork an advantage
- Possess a valid class 3 driver's licence, with minimum 1 year's driving experience
- Proficient in general MS office applications
- Proactive, meticulous, resourceful, highly motivated, initiative, a good team player and enjoy working with people
For any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may email CV and application form to: email@example.com OR mail to:
National University of Singapore
Department of Biological Sciences
Faculty of Science
14 Science Drive 4
(Attn: Ms Lisa Lau)
Closing Date: 15 May 2014