Hosted by Department of Biological Sciences and Department of Physiology, National University of Singapore, Singapore
ALL POSTER ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED. Please check the ‘information for Poster Presenters’ below for more information.
The Book of Program and Abstracts is now available for download | LINK
Contact information (NUS)
Dr. Chew Fook Tim, Associate Professor
To download PROGRAM
To download Book of Program and Abstracts
- Registration, Young Investigators Meeting
- Opening and Plenary Session
- Journal of PhysiologicalAnthropology (JPA) Session
- Poster Viewing and Presentation
- Opening Banquet
- Session 1 (AM): Thermal stress and performance in urban settings
- Session 2 (AM): Genetic Characteristics Associated to Physiological Traits
- Lunch (Board Meeting/Poster Viewing and Presentation)
- Session 3 (PM): Impacts of urban overheating on human thermal comfort
- Young Investigators Session 1
- Congress Banquet
- General assembly
- Session 4 (AM):Brain and cognitive functions in social environments
- Session 5 (AM):Non-visual adaptations to artificial lighting environments
- Lunch (Poster Viewing and Presentation)
- Session 6 (PM): Urbanization and Techno-Adaptability
- Young Investigators Session 2
- Gardens by the Bay – Evening Excursion
- Session 7 (AM): Urbanization in Asia and Child Health
- Session 8 (AM): Physical activity and nutrition on health
- Lunch (Poster Viewing and Presentation)
- Session 9 (PM): Work environment and occupational health
- Session 10 (PM): Urban Heat and Adaptation
- Closing (Best Poster Prize)
– Susumu Kudo | Kyushu University, Japan
– Harunobu Nakamura | Kobe University, Japan
– Taro Yamauchi | Hokkaido University, Japan
– Douglas E. Crews | The Ohio State University, USA
– Elena Godina | Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia
– Say Yee How | Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, Malaysia
– Sung-Phil Kim | UNIST, Korea
– Yuko Tsunetsugu | The University of Tokyo , Japan
– Shigekazu Higuchi | Kyushu University , Japan
– Chew Fook Tim | National University of Singapore, Singapore
– Jason Lee Kai Wei | National University of Singapore, Singapore
– Yuka Egashira | National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry (NCNP), Japan
– Sri Anusha Matta | National University of Singapore, Singapore
Local Organising Committee
– Chew Fook Tim
– Jason Lee Kai Wei
– Staff from the Department of Biological Sciences, NUS
Please click on link to register and submit abstract. Abstract is to be submitted as a Word document
Guidelines for abstract layout
The abstract is to be limited to 200 words, excluding names, addresses and email addresses. Please do not include figures. Please use Arial font size 11.
Deadline for submission extended to 2 August 2019.
Sample Abstract format
download ABSTRACT TEMPLATE
LOSS OF T-BET CONFERS SURVIVAL ADVANTAGE TO INFLUENZA–BACTERIAL SUPERINFECTION
Jun Zhi Er, Ricky Abdi Gunawan Koean & Jeak Ling Ding
Dept. Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, 10 Kent Ridge Crescent, Singapore 119260.
The transcription factor, T-bet, regulates type 1 inflammatory responses against a range of infections. Here, we demonstrate a previously unaddressed role of T-bet, to influenza virus and bacterial superinfection. Interestingly, we found that T-bet deficiency did not adversely affect the efficacy of viral clearance or recovery compared to wild-type hosts.
Speakers, Sessions and Titles | LINK
Please set your powerpoint aspect ratio to 16:9 as the display projection is set for Widescreen (16:9). If you are working with Mac, please bring along your own adaptor (mac to projector) as the default connection is for PC.
Plenary Speakers | 30mins + 5mins Q&A
JPA Speakers | 30mins + 5mins Q&A
Invited Speakers | 15mins + 5mins Q&A
Young Investigators | 10mins + 5mins Q&A
Submission of Presentation Slides
If you are not using your own Laptop for presentation, please submit your presentation slides to us by 21 September 2019, if possible.
ALL POSTER ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED.
Poster set-up and take-down
Poster set-up will be on first day of conference and take-down on the last day from 2pm onwards. Each poster has been assigned a “POSTER NUMBER” and the number will be mounted on the top right corner of the Poster Panel. You may check your allocated number according to the category you have submitted for. You will be provided with poster mounting material on-site.
The poster should be only approximately 0.9M by 1.0M (portrait)
Poster Number allocation
Any posters left behind, will be discarded after the event.
The posters will be on display throughout the 4 days of the conference. Presenters are encouraged to be at the poster to meet any interested parties during lunch time on days 2-4, and lunch will be catered onsite where the posters are.
Day 1 (Tues, 24 Sept) 4pm – 5pm
Day 2 (Wed, 25 Sept) 1pm – 2pm
Day 3 (Thurs, 26 Sept) 1pm – 2pm
Day 4 (Fri, 27 Sept) 1pm – 2pm
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: +65 6809 7369 | FAX: +65 68097311
This is the official hotel for conference participants and transport to/from conference venue will be provided. If you choose to stay in another hotel, you will need to arrange for own transportation.
The hotel is just next to the MRT station (Buona Vista), and in close proximity to the Conference Venue.
Conference Participants will enjoy corporate rates as follows.
- Superior Room S$180++
- Deluxe Room S$190++
- Superior Room S$205++
- Deluxe Room S$215++
*Transport to and from conference venue will be provided from this hotel
Page in progress