CBIS Confocal: Leica Cryostat 1850
About the Leica Cryostat 1850
The result is a versatile cryostat with an optimized cooling system, rapid specimen freezing and smooth specimen orientation for the high-quality sectioning demanded in routine histology and clinical pathology. Up-to-date technology with an ergonomic design – for faster and safer sectioning.
- The Leica CM1850 is a powerful cryostat for rapid freezing and sectioning of tissue samples.
- Preservation of enzyme activity for enzyme histochemistry and antigenicity for immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization.
- Retention of substances that is soluble in routine processing solutions, such as lipids.
- Preservation of cell morphology without exposure to chemicals and/or heat.
- Can be performed on fixed and unfixed tissue specimens.
- Section thickness setting 1 – 60 μm; Specimen feed 25 mm; Vertical stroke 59 mm; Maximum specimen size 55 x 55 mm